Thursday 23 October 2014

Guarding a Malamute

In the park: a cheerful middle-aged man, fairly obviously unemployed, hanging out with his large Alsatian, offered to relieve me from pet-sitting an enormous Malamute who had been found wandering around with no owner. I had taken taken over this Malamute-guarding duty from the lady who'd found the dog and phoned the dog warden but who could no longer wait for the warden to arrive as she had to be somewhere else urgently. Cheerful m-a man, with whom I'd had a quick chat earlier in the park, said he was happy to take over as he had nothing else to do because, he said, "I'm a trainee millionaire." Thank you, man! Greetings to your wife, and I hope you do become a millionaire one day, to everyone's surprise including your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment